Her Move - Waikato
Her Move is all about giving girls a chance to develop confidence in themselves and explore a wide range of non-mainstream ways of living a healthier lifestyle.
- Girls Only
- Mix of workshop and practical components
- 6-week or 8-week programme
- When: during curriculum time, lunch time, or after school
- May involve students going offsite to experience activities in their community
- Groups of 10-20
- including but not limited to school groups, community groups, youth groups, scout groups, sports teams/clubs
- ability to cater to large groups of individuals providing we have enough uptake for the programme to run
Why choose Youthtown
If you’re looking for a fun, engaging place to learn things, make friends and build confidence, look no further! Our Programme staff are skilled at helping new participants settle in and make connections.
Our programmes are intentionally designed to create space for positive outcomes. There’s a lot going on under the surface, thanks to our Youthtown Curriculum, to ensure this happens!
A BIG WELCOME
From the first time you enter a Youthtown programme, you’ll be warmly greeted by our team and treated as part of our Youthtown whānau.
What people say
The best thing I have enjoyed the most about Her Move is being able to feel confident in myself to give anything a go. I really enjoyed the hip hop dance session we did after school and I am guttered that I cannot make the archery session as I would have really enjoyed that too. I am looking forward to the bush walk coming up. PS: keep going with this programme. - Rebecca
I am really enjoying the Her [Move] Programme because of how welcoming and supportive Brooke is and that I have my friends here as well. I am also enjoying trying out new things I have never done before. - Katrina
Youthtown helps girls with sports/fitness, it gets you out of your comfort zone and helps a lot! - Cambridge Middle School Student