Bike Ready (Grade 1) - Waikato
You'll receive cycling education through the Bike Ready Programme to enhance your cycling skills, confidence, and prepare for Grade 2!
- For students in Years 5 - 8
- The cost starts from $2 per participant
- This is a 5-hour programme
- Groups of up to 30 at a time
- including but not limited to school groups, community groups, youth groups, scout groups, sports teams/clubs
- ability to cater to large groups of individuals providing we have enough uptake for the programme to run
- We aim to help students learn about cycling and enhance their skills, as well as gain confidence!
- When: during curriculum time
Why choose Youthtown
If you’re looking for a fun, engaging place to learn things, make friends and build confidence, look no further! Our Programme staff are skilled at helping new participants settle in and make connections.
Our programmes are intentionally designed to create space for positive outcomes. There’s a lot going on under the surface, thanks to our Youthtown Curriculum, to ensure this happens!
A BIG WELCOME
From the first time you enter a Youthtown programme, you’ll be warmly greeted by our team and treated as part of our Youthtown whānau.
What people say
When I first saw you I was very nervous but you made me feel confident as we started getting into riding. You made me very confident on the road and the skills were amazing like the A for air, B for brakes, C for chain, D for direction and Q for quick release. I LOVED playing the box game, follow the leader and the circle game when you have to use your balance to try not to hit the person in front of you. - Makenzie
Thank you for letting me and my friends use your bikes. I really enjoyed working with you, it was fun doing big safe skids. I enjoyed Nic teaching me how to do them. I liked how you cheer people on. I really liked this. - Kingston
I absolutely loved how Nic, Kirsty, and Shavaughn came out to our primary school to show us how to do some biking skills and have more confidence in biking. My favourite part was doing controlled skids because I was very good at it. I also really enjoyed the box game. I think I will do a lot more biking at home. Also, it was so cool how we got to use the brand new bikes. - Logan