Level 2 Key Information
Kia ora koutou,
We continue to be open to provide care for your children at this time. We'll be following Level 2 guidelines at all our programme sites, and our staff will continue to ensure ongoing handwashing and hygiene.
Just a quick reminder about how Level 2 works at Youthtown:
- 🙂 We’re open! Our after-school programme sites will be running. We’ll let you know if anything changes.
- 🏠 Stay home if you are unwell. Please let us know as early as you can if your child is unable to attend programme.
- 🥪 Bring snacks! Our team cannot provide cooked and unsealed food on the programme due to Level 2 hygiene requirements. Please ensure you pack something extra in their lunchboxes, plus a water bottle to keep them going! We will have some individually packaged food available at all our sites as an emergency backup. We appreciate your support with this.
- 📱 Sign in using the QR codes and the NZ COVID tracer app and/or register provided.
- 👋 They'll be a designated spot to sign your kids out. This is to practice physical distancing and minimise traffic through our programme site. Your programme coordinator will inform you of specifics.
- 🧼 We'll be cleaning more thoroughly and frequently, as well as having designated handwashing times for all the people on site.
- 😷 Face masks are encouraged for places where physical distancing is difficult. We have provided these for staff, however as you may be aware, schools do not require face masks. You are welcome to provide masks for your children along with scarves or bandanas, or you can even fashion your own. If your child is anxious about the new look, please let your coordinator know.
As always, stay safe and our thoughts are with you and your children as they once again need to adjust to the circumstances.