Cheesy Bacon & Corn Muffins
One of the items on the menu for Circus Week at Youthtown was Cheesy Bacon & Corn Muffins! Read on for the recipe so you can enjoy some of the yums at home 😋
What you need:
- 1x egg
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup creamed corn
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 2x bacon rashers
- 3/4 cup water
- Muffin tray
- Muffin liners
How to make them:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Prepare the muffin tray with liners and set it aside.
- Cut up the bacon rashers and cook in an oiled frying pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Incorporate the corn, cheese, and cooked bacon into the dry mixture.
- Beat an egg in another bowl.
- Add the beaten egg and water measure to the mixture and mix until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin tray and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Take out of the oven when golden brown and allow to cool for 10 minutes before eating.
Try this at home and share your final products with us on our socials by tagging @YouthtownNewZealand on Facebook and @youthtownnz on Instagram.